Hawaiian Host Group Workforce Privacy Notice
Last Modified: June 21, 2023
This Workforce Privacy Notice (“Notice”) addresses the categories of information that Hawaiian Host LLC d/b/a Hawaiian Host Group and its subsidiaries KOHO Chocolates (“HHG,” “we,” “us,” “our” or other similar pronouns) collects about job applicants and individuals who are currently or formerly part of our workforce such as employees, officers, directors, owners, and contractors and other individuals who perform work for us, whether employed by us or not, as well as how we use this information.
This Notice does not form part of any employment contract or contract to provide services.
What Personal Information We Collect About You & Why We Use It
If you are a job applicant, employee, officer, director, owner, contractor, or other individual who performs work for us, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Identifiers. We may collect your name, alias(es), Social Security number, passport number, date of birth, drivers’ license number, address, email address, phone number, signature, work contact details, and the name and contact details for your emergency contact.
- Demographic Characteristics. We collect citizenship and/or visa status for work authorization purposes. We may also collect sex/gender, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, race, and ethnicity to help us understand the diversity of our workforce. Generally, it is not required to provide this information to us unless it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
- Financial Information. We may collect your bank account number or other financial information.
- Health Information. We may collect information in connection with medical benefits, short- and long-term disability, or other health or medical information as required by law.
- Internet or Electronic Network Activity. We may collect information concerning your use of our information technology (“IT”) systems, including our websites. This information includes your username and password for access to HHG systems, browsing activity, search history, security pass entry records, and your interaction with our IT systems and networks, including date and time of access and location information.
- Audio and Visual Information. We may collect audio or visual information about you through security cameras, other monitoring systems, or voicemail recordings.
- Professional, Employment and Education Information. We may collect your resume, employment history, education history, performance reviews, disciplinary records, expense information, and payroll and benefits-related data.
- Hobbies and Interests. We may collect information regarding your hobbies and interests, if you choose to provide this information.
- Characteristics and Inferences. We may also draw inferences from the information described above that reflects your preferences, characteristics, behaviors, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We collect the categories of information above for the following business purposes:
- To recruit new employees or to hire contractors, and to conduct background checks;
- To manage our relationship with you (whether as a job applicant, employee, contractor, director, or owner);
- To maintain your contact information;
- To determine and monitor eligibility to work in the United States;
- To administer benefits, such as medical, dental, and retirement benefits, including recording and processing eligibility of dependents, absence and leave monitoring, and insurance;
- To pay or reimburse for expenses, including salary administration, payroll management, contractual payments, payment of expenses, and to administer other compensation or performance-based payments;
- To analyze performance, including training, talent management, periodic reviews, promotions, and discipline;
- For surveys, research, analysis and strategic development to implement, maintain and promote an engaging work experience at HHG;
- To protect the health and safety of our workforce and workplace;
- To maintain security on HGG’s systems and infrastructure; and
- To comply with internal policies and applicable law or regulatory requirements.
In addition, HHG may monitor or track activity on our IT and communications systems and network, such as Internet traffic, website filtering, email communications, or systems access. Where permitted by law, we carry out these activities to secure our systems and networks, document proof of business transactions, train and evaluate employees or contractors, protect confidential information and intellectual property, investigate breach of HHG’s policies and procedures’ and other unlawful or improper acts, and comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With & Why
We may share personal information with service providers (such as IT outsourcing and benefits or payroll providers) to help us accomplish the business purposes above. We may also share personal information with advisers and financial institutions as well as with third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, sale, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, transfer, or assignment of assets or business merger, divestiture, or other changes to the control or financial status of the company.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We have adopted and maintain commercially reasonable technically, organizational, administrative and physical safeguards to help protect the information we collect and use. These safeguards vary depending upon a variety of factors including the sensitivity of the information we collect and use. Despite all reasonable practices, no security method is infallible.
If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.